We believe that in order to rebuild a city that accommodates its residents, it must also be molded by them.
This is why we are looking for you! The Inspired, the Engaged, the Solution makers and the Peacekeepers to join in the process of developing Oslo Urban Peace Week to become the greatest international arena for rebuilding our cities for a better future.
OUPW is now seeking volunteers for the upcoming event
September 19 –21st, 2017
- Hosts to look after our guests and speakers
- Project and Program support assistance
- Social Media communicators
- Logistics and coordination skills
- Hands on production
- Field workers
Personal Competencies and Qualifications:
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma; a specialty in education or career development is preferred
- Fluency in English is required and/or good knowledge of Norwegian. Any other languages will be highly appreciated.
- Relevant experience is preferred but not required from the following activities:
- Humanitarian work
- Urban planning and development
- Peace building
- Project management
- Marketing skills
- Good communication skills on a “grass roots level”
- Content writing and article research skills preferably on Social media
- Partnership development and cooperation
- Supporting Organizational Development
We can offer you an exiting and creative experience where you will be part of an international team. You will meet international thinkers and leaders working for peace and urbanization. You will be given the opportunity to be a part of setting the agenda on pressing topics at the International Day of Peace, September 21st, and to be part of the Urban Peace Village development for 2018.
At the completion of the program interns will receive a diploma. We are able to provide our volunteers and interns with invaluable opportunities to participate in the first Oslo Urban Peace Week, to build cultural understanding and friendships around the world, strengthen their ability to communicate in diverse groups and learn leadership skills. The internship is not paid.
Let us know about you!
Send us a brief bio summarizing your interest and why you want to engage, with a short resumé to: info @ oupw.org.
Subject header on the e-mail should be: “Volunteer or Internship Application.”